Analog is a freeform map editor for 2d games. Unlike most map editors it’s not based around tiles but free placement of a variety of shapes and geometry. You don’t have to be locked to a grid when creating your art or your levels, so you’re able to make much more interesting, organic maps without that ugly blocky feel.
- Geometry – Use points, rectangles and polygons to make up your level
- Elements – Create and define your own “elements” based on your game’s needs
- Properties – Provide custom properties for elements to define their role in your game
- Instances – Override element properties for individual map objects to tweak their behaviour
- Layers – create as many layers as you want for each map, with their own name and grid settings
- Zoom – Zoom out to see your whole map or zoom in to work on the important detail
- Projects – Manage your maps in a single project so it’s quick and easy to make changes
- Export – Write your own export scripts so you can quickly export maps to your own custom map format
- Flexible UI – Rearrange and customise the editor so it suits your workflow
For a complete description of features and a quick start guide see the built-in help.
Bugs, Requests and Feedback?
Ask on our Discord!